Having trouble finding the time to get a training session up and running? Try a lunch and learn.
A lunch & learn program is a great way to foster community and continuous learning in your organization as well as to demonstrate your commitment to the ongoing growth and development of your employees. It is a 30-45 minutes training or presentation session facilitated by an internal/external source to employees during a lunch hour.
The sweet spot of this concept is both the accessibility and less formal structure. It offers and incentive when the company provides lunch. A session may cover important issues and promote an open platform of information for employees.
The American Management Association, offers some benefits to your organization hosting a Lunch & Learn.
Key Benefits of Lunch & Learns
- Makes excellent use of time, which is already limited throughout the day.
- Informal setting allows an open channel for understanding.
- Group training reinforces the overall company culture.
- Creates critical awareness for issues at hand.
- Effectively introduces any new organizational initiatives.
- Boosts employee morale.
- Builds and maintains teamwork skills.
- Enhances team communication.
- Advances other company training initiatives.
- Raises the motivation level necessary for fulfilling company objectives.
Overall, a Lunch & Learn offers an open channel for information flow and training. Whether your goal is professional & personal development, skill set training, or even life skills, Lunch & Learns can result in a boost in employee motivation and skills needed for a valuable and successful work experience.
Schedule your session today with Exodus, An Independent Certified Member of The John Maxwell Team: 912-515-6958.